Cricket Streaming: How to Watch Live Cricket Online
Let’s dig into cricket streaming. With its global fan base, cricket often leaves enthusiasts eager to catch the live action. In today’s digital age, cricket streaming has become the go-to solution for watching matches and tournaments from anywhere in the world. This is even more exciting with Android or iOS-powered smartphones, as it enables game lovers to join their preferred competitions anytime. All you need is a good data connection or WIFI to join the best streaming services to watch cricket games.
However, while some streaming services are free, others require subscriptions. In other words, you may need to register and pay a small amount to have access to some top streaming service providers for cricket games. As a potential first-time user of cricket steam apps or websites, this article is written as a guide for you. Let’s explore the world of cricket streaming together.
Cricket stream: What is it about?
Understandably, it is not every time you’ll be on your big screen at home or have access to your preferred viewing center in town. In this case, does it mean you’ll be missing out on the performance of your favorite player or team? Not necessarily. In fact, you have multiple options to watch the game from your handheld devices, called smartphones. This is possible because of the cricket stream apps and websites.
Cricket streaming service refers to the online platforms that offer live or on-demand coverage of cricket matches and events. Currently, several televising brands offer free streaming services, while others require subscription. Also, this may depend on your location and availability of the streaming channel. However, considering that several cricket stream providers exist, you may face little to no difficulty in finding an ideal line for yourself at this age.
Popular Cricket Streaming Services
Although it is nearly impossible to discuss all cricket streaming services online, some are more popular and widely used. This is because they are accessible in most places and feature a reliable service. Below are the most trusted cricket streaming services to consider:
- FanCode: Here is a provider with comprehensive coverage of the leading cricket tournaments. These include the Indian Premier League, T20 World Cup, PSL, BPL, Big Bash, and more. You can watch live matches, replays, highlights, analysis, and exclusive content on FanCode. Users also have access to fantasy sports, sports news, and merchandise on this platform.
- SonyLIV: This is a popular streaming service in India that offers live and on-demand cricket content from various leagues and tournaments. Users can watch matches from IPL, ICC events, England Cricket Board, Cricket Australia, Sri Lanka Cricket, Pakistan Cricket Board, and more on SonyLIV. You can also enjoy other sports, movies, TV shows, and originals on this platform.
- Sky Sports: People who watch soccer are already familiar with Sky Sports. However, you may not know that the company also broadcasts bundles of live cricket matches. You can watch live cricket action from the England and Wales Cricket Board, ICC events, Indian Premier League, Pakistan Super League, etc.
- Sling TV: Here is a US-based streaming service that allows you to setup your channel screen according to your preferences. An interesting aspect of Sling TV is the ability to add Willow TV and Willow Extra to your package. In this way, you can enjoy live cricket matches from various leagues and tournaments globally. Also, members are free to watch other sports, news, entertainment, and kids’ channels on Sling TV.
- Willow TV: By using this cricket stream provider, you are choosing a dedicated cricket channel in the US and Canada. They specialize in providing live and on-demand cricket coverage from various countries and regions. Viewers can watch matches from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, , England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, West Indies, etc. Access to highlights, replays, scorecards, schedules, and news is also possible on Willow TV.
Cricket Stream Services: Subscription-Based Vs. Free Streaming Options
If you are using cricket stream apps or websites for the first time, being skeptical about the best choice between subscription-based and free streaming services is understandable. This is because both methods have their benefits. To help guide your decision-making, below are the pros and cons of subscription-based cricket streams and free streaming options:
Subscription-based cricket streaming service
- Access to high-quality and uninterrupted live cricket coverage from various leagues and tournaments around the world.
- Enjoy other features and benefits, such as replays, highlights, analysis, commentary, statistics, fantasy sports, and exclusive content.
- Watch cricket on multiple devices and platforms, such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, smart TVs, gaming consoles, and streaming devices.
- Pick from different plans and packages that suit your budget and preferences.
- Need to pay a monthly or annual fee to access the service, which may vary depending on the provider and the region.
- Possibility of geo-restrictions or blackouts if the service is not available or licensed in your country or area.
- Potential need for a VPN service to bypass geo-restrictions or access better deals from other regions.
- May encounter technical issues that affect your viewing experience.
Free streaming services
- Watch live cricket matches for free without paying any subscription fee.
- Access some of the major cricket events and tournaments, such as the Cricket World Cup, Asia Cup, and bilateral series.
- View cricket on your preferred device or browser without downloading any app or software.
- Possibility of dealing with low-quality and unreliable streams that may buffer, freeze, or stop working at any time.
- Need to endure annoying and intrusive ads that may pop up or cover the screen during the match.
- You may have to compromise your privacy and security by visiting unlicensed or illegal websites that may contain malware or viruses.
Cricket stream service: Regional restrictions and availability
When it comes to cricket streaming services, regional restrictions and availability are important factors to consider for cricket fans who want to watch the matches online. Different streaming services have different rights and licenses to broadcast cricket events in various regions and countries. Some of the streaming services may not be accessible or legal in certain areas, while others may require a subscription fee or a VPN service to bypass geo-restrictions. Below are some of the main streaming services that offer live and on-demand cricket coverage and their regional availability and restrictions:
- Hotstar: The popular streaming service is available in India, the US, Canada, the UK, Singapore, and more.
- Sky Sports: The leading sports broadcaster is available in the UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and lots more.
- Sling TV: This streaming service is accessible in the US, Puerto Rico, Guam, the US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, and Palau.
- 9Now: This free streaming service is usable in Australia and New Zealand, among others. However, the content may vary depending on the region.
- PTV Sports: Here is another free streaming service that is accessible in Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. Similar to 9Now, regions play a role in the content offered.
How to Stream Cricket Matches
Master how to stream cricket matches safely and reliably by using the easy guide below:
- Step 1: Find the network that has the broadcasting rights for the specific cricket series or tournament in your country or region. Check the official website of the International Cricket Council (ICC) or the respective cricket boards for this information.
- Step 2: Choose an online platform that offers live and on-demand cricket content from the network that you have identified. Some of the popular platforms are Hotstar, SonyLIV, Sky Sports, Sling TV, Willow TV, 9Now, PTV Sports, and ICC.tv. You can access these platforms through their websites or mobile apps.
- Step 3: Sign up on the platform that you have chosen. Users may need to pay a subscription fee or a pay-per-view charge depending on the platform and the content that they want to watch. Some platforms offer free trials for new users whiile others provide discount.
- Step 4: Log in and browse the cricket section of the platform. You can find live matches, replays, highlights, analysis, and other cricket-related content that are available on the platform.
- Step 5: Select the match or content that you want to watch and enjoy the streaming. As a viewer, you can watch the cricket matches on your preferred device or browser without downloading any software or app. Adjust the video quality, audio settings, and subtitles according to your preferences.
- Step 6: If you face any geo-restrictions or blackouts that prevent you from accessing the platform or content that you want to watch, you can use a VPN service to bypass them. A VPN service adjust your IP address and location to access any cricket streaming website from anywhere in the world. However, you should be careful about the legal implications of using a VPN service in your country or region.
Cricket streaming has revolutionized the way fans access and enjoy the sport. With this comprehensive guide, enthusiasts can stay updated on the latest platforms, events, and strategies for a seamless and legal cricket streaming experience, ensuring they never miss a moment of the action on the field.
Please visit Cricket Exchange CREX for cricket betting.