Pakistan National Cricket Team
The Pakistan cricket team, known for its passionate and unpredictable play, made its Test debut in 1952 after the country’s independence in 1947. The Imperial Cricket Conference at Lord’s granted Pakistan Test status. Their first Test match was against India in Delhi, and their first home Test match was in Dacca in January 1955. They have since become a formidable force in international Cricket. Pakistan team has been among the top 6 teams in international Cricket. Pakistan and India made the greatest rivalry in Cricket.
Pakistan Team Records
The team’s encounters, particularly with India, are known for their intensity and have consistently drawn massive crowds and created memorable cricketing moments. Here are the records of the Pakistan team in International Cricket.
- The Pakistan team has played 453 test matches so far. Pakistan won 148 games and lost 139. There is no tied game, but the draw test match number is 166. Pakistan has a win percentage of 32.67.
- Pakistan team has taken part in 959 ODIs so far. Pakistan won 508 ODI matches and lost 421. The team has nine tied ODIs and 21 ODIs without any results. The overall win percentage of the Pakistan team is 52.97.
- Pakistan team has played 224 T20 matches so far. The team won 135 T20 matches so far and lost 80. The number of Tied and No Result T20 Matches are 4 and 5, respectively. The win percentage of Pakistan in T20 is 63.02.
Performance in ICC Events
Pakistan team has participated in all ICC Tournaments so far and has been a top performer in most events. Here is the information on their top performance in all ICC Tournaments.
- Pakistan played all ODI World Cups and won only one in 1992. Pakistan was the runner-up in 1999. The team has played four semi-finals in 1979, 1983, 1987, and 2011.
- In the T20 World Cup, Pakistan is among the most successful teams in terms of match-winning. Pakistan won the 2009 edition of the World Cup. Pakistan played finals in 2007 and 2022 but remained runner-up. Pakistan played in the semi-finals in 2010, 2012, and 2021.
- Pakistan is the current champion of the ICC Champions Trophy, winning it in 2017. The team took the 3rd position in 2000 and 2009.
- Pakistan could not leave a mark in the ICC Test Championship. The team held 6th and 7th positions in test championships.
The Pakistan team has produced some of the most exciting and legendary players in the world of Cricket. The team has produced characters that served the team for years. The top players from Pakistan are Hanif Mohammad, Fazal Mahmood, Majid Khan, Zaheer Abbas, Javed Miandad, Imran Khan, Abdul Qadir, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, Saeed Anwar, Shoaib Akhtar, Saqlain Mushtaq, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Moin Khan, Inzamam ul Haq, Younis Khan, Muhammad Yousaf, Saeed Ajmal, Babar Azam, Sarfraz Ahmed, Muhammad Rizwan, and Shaheen Afridi.
- Inzamam ul Haq scored the most runs from Pakistan, which is 20541. Babar Azam is the current top scorer for Pakistan, with 12948 runs.
- Two W’s are the best Fast-bowling duo of the 90s era. Wasim Akram is hailed as the best left-arm fast Bowler the World Cricket has ever seen. He took 916 wickets in his career. Waqar Younis took 789 wickets, the 2nd on the list.
- Imran Khan remained the most influential figure in Pakistan cricket and is known as the best Captain in world cricket who won the only World Cup for Pakistan in 1992. Younis Khan was the Captain of Pakistan when the team won the 2009 World Cup. Sarfraz Ahmed won the ICC Champions Trophy in 2017 for Pakistan as team captain.